Sunday, August 20, 2017

What we've been up to!


It's been a month since my last post and I wanted to give you a brief update about what we've been up to! It's not in chronological order but touches upon almost everything we've done. Enjoy reading and thanks for following!




We took an unexpected trip to Lewisburg a few weeks back. Although the circumstances of our visit were beyond sad, we were thankful to be able to hug dear friends/friend and to spend some time on the farm. Lillie loved visiting with people, throwing the ball for my parents dog (who has since gone to heaven) and eating ice cream at the Freeze! Our travel day and flights home were rough but after many hours in the Philadelphia airport, we finally made it home. Lillie (and I) were so happy to see her Daddy.

The other week we went out to the Kentucky Horse Park with our neighbors. On Mondays they have a walking/running club that meets out there.  We walked the 5K route which honestly was amazing. You walk through horse barns, around grazing fields and there are horses everywhere! It was beautiful out there and I was absolutely amazed at the facilities there. Currently, the 2017 USHJA International Hunter Derby Championship is being held there. The Rolex is held there every year and countless other Equine Events. Lillie loved pointing out the horses during our walk around the complex. 

Waiting lists for Daycare continue to be a thing of mystery for us. Right now I am staying home with Lillie and although it is very different from our previous life in Greenville, I am loving every second with my girl. I see the rewards in both being a working parent and a stay-at-home parent. My time with her remains so special and I love how much of it I am able to soak up everyday. It's incredible watching how she changes and grows. We paint, dance,  go for walks, go to the library for story time, play outside, read books, take naps and so much more. When I was working I felt that I was really able to contribute and support my family financially. My salary sustained our family since Richard and I got married. When I was working, I soaked up my time with Lillie, my limited time with Richard and felt proud when I was able to cook a dinner.  Life in our house is different now but we're rocking and rolling. Lillie is growing and thriving, she hasn't been sick since mid-May and I'm able to be there for Richard as he has begun this fellowship journey. I am thankful for this time at home while we continue to adjust to our new life.

During our days, Lillie and I go on walks and outings. Our neighbors across the street have been out of town basically since we moved in and they have an amazing garden. We told the neighbors that we'd check in on the garden to make sure it didn't dry out with this summer heat. Lillie and I enjoy going over there and watering everything. She really loves playing in water and laughs with such happiness when I spray her with the hose. 

Last weekend Richard and I went on our 1st outing without Lillie. Our high school aged neighbor babysat Lillie while we were out. We drove up for Frankfurt to go fishing on the North Elkhorn. There are many types of fish, including smallmouth bass. I love fishing for Smallies and have since I was in Grad School in the NRV. It was sunny and beautiful out. We both caught a handful of fish but loved how beautiful and scenic the new creek was.

We got a water table!!!! Lillie loves water so much that we went out to the KMART closing sale and snagged one. Between that and her bubble machine, girlfriend is loving the time outside.

Greta, Kara and Michael came for a quick visit! One of the best parts about being here in Kentucky is that Lillie's cousin is less than 5 hours away.  We went to Keenland and got to see all of the horses. It was amazing to see how much both girls have changed since the last time that they were together. They're both so adorable and incredibly smart! 



Please keep Richard in your thoughts on Tuesday as he will be taking his Internal Medicine Boards. After that, Fellowship really begins! UK has been so great about giving him plenty of study time and because of that, Lillie and I have gotten used to having him home at normal hours. I think those days are numbered now. He will also begin his night call shifts soon, but this time he can do them from home!!  We are loving our new home and although we miss our Greenville home and friends, we couldn't be happier that we've landed in such a fun place. If you still need our address, please shoot me a message. We'd love to have people come visit us and everyone raves about how incredible fall is here. PLUS, the horses run at Keenland in October! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment